Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding onto a Pro 2 system.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rhford
Follower
Follower

I currently have 3 Pro 2 systems in three different locations. I have a subscription that allows me up to 10 cameras. I turn cameras on and off depending on which location I am at to stay within the 10 camera limit I want to add a couple cameras to one location that currently has 5 Pro 2 cameras on it. After hours of reading, I'm confused on the best solution. Should I just find a couple more Pro 2 cameras? Can I get better cameras and still stay with my current subscription. Should I completely replace this Pro 2 system with an upgrade? Looking for any info on what others may have done?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rhford wrote:

I currently have 3 Pro 2 systems in three different locations. I have a subscription that allows me up to 10 cameras. I turn cameras on and off depending on which location I am at to stay within the 10 camera limit I want to add a couple cameras to one location that currently has 5 Pro 2 cameras on it. After hours of reading, I'm confused on the best solution. Should I just find a couple more Pro 2 cameras? Can I get better cameras and still stay with my current subscription. Should I completely replace this Pro 2 system with an upgrade? Looking for any info on what others may have done?

One option is to switch to an Arlo Secure subscription, which has unlimited cameras.  New cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) all require a subscription for cloud storage,  So doing this would let you add any of the Arlo cameras to any location (and avoid the need to turn cameras on and off).

Another thing you could do is create different accounts for each site, and use friend access to let you see all cameras from one account.

Then keep the site that will have 7 cameras on the subscription, and use the 7-day free cloud storage on the other two accounts. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation