Add-on Arlo system

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bhardaway
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an existing Pro system with 3 cameras and just purchased a Pro 2 system. Given I now have 2 base stations, how should I go about setting up the new Pro 2 system?

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Bhardaway 

You really don't need two base stations unless you have range problems with the cameras that are furthest away from the base. I would simply add the cameras to the original base. There are features that either don't work or don't work well with two bases. (Doorbell can only activate cameras on the base it is connected to and both bases will have to be armed/disarmed separately).

If both bases have built-in sirens and you have enough ethernet plugs on your router/switch, you could just use the sirens in both bases and not connect any cameras to the second base.

Or, you could have your indoor cameras hooked to one base and your outdoor cameras hooked to the second base so that you can arm/disarm them separately.

Brian

Bhardaway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot Brian, is there any advantage to using the newer base over the old one? My Pro system is 18mos old and is much larger than the new one

brh
Master
Master

@Bhardaway

I only have the VMB4000 base stations that are a couple of years old. I don't know what model you have and if it has a built-in siren or not. Do some research on the specs on both base stations and go with the one that offeres the most benefit for you. Probably just stay with the older base if it is working for you.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation