Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Geofencing as a mode in the schedule to ave trouble with arming/disarming system.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TimBach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue

I want my system to be alarmed at night, even when I'm at home. The only way to do that now is to manually alarm the system.

Suggestion

Add the geofencing mode in the schedule. This way I can set up my system so that it fits my needs better, and I save the trouble of alarming/disalarming my system manually. For example:

11pm-06am: Alarmed

06am-11pm: Geofence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimBach wrote:

Issue

I want my system to be alarmed at night, even when I'm at home. The only way to do that now is to manually alarm the system.

Suggestion

Add the geofencing mode in the schedule. This way I can set up my system so that it fits my needs better, and I save the trouble of alarming/disalarming my system manually. For example:

They did accomodate your use case, but they did it the other way around.

You set the "home" mode in GeoFencing to "schedule", and then you set the schedule to arm the cameras at night (and disarm them during the day).  You do need to break up the night into two pieces in the schedule (11pm-midnight; midnight to 6 am) - but they can use the same mode.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimBach wrote:

Issue

Suggestion

They did accomodate your use case, but they did it the other way around.

You set the "home" mode in GeoFencing to "schedule", and then you set the schedule to arm the cameras at night (and disarm them during the day).  You do need to break up the night into two pieces in the schedule (11pm-midnight; midnight to 6 am) - but they can use the same mode.

TimBach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! Really appreciate it.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation