Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
WTF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account was blocked for NO reason. When I call Arlo tech support, they said I have to pay $129 for them to fix it. They said that my account was signed in 19 times with the wrong password so i got blocked. Now with my experience from other company, you just reset the password, right. I even told them I don't care if someone tried to log into my account. I told them it could have been myself and DO NOT care. They just want me to pay before they can help....i mean WHAT THE F?!  i just bought this camera last month!!! this is so dumb! did anyone experienced the same thing? because if this is what i have to pay to reset the damn password I will return the cameras and NEVER use Arlo anymore! I would strongly recommend using NEST!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi WTF1,

Make sure when you're contacting the support team, you're using this provided link: Support Team.

You can also read here to learn how to avoid Arlo support scams and report them: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you sure you didn't respond to a scam e-mail and call that number?  

WTF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am positive. I started the chat on Arlo website and they said someone will call me to help. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@WTF1 wrote:

My account was blocked for NO reason. When I call Arlo tech support, they said I have to pay $129 for them to fix it.

You didn't call Arlo support since there is no charge.

WTF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I talked to arlo, if this guys Shawn Green from phone number: 773-887-6253 and the other number is 888-988-3788. DO NOT pay him the service package. He became very rude when I said no. It is crazy! I chatted with Arlo and they said someone will call me back and that was the guy who called me back. Now I talked to them, they said it was a scam?!

WTF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

BE WARE!!!!!!!

There is this guys Shawn Green from phone number: 773-887-6253 and the other number is 888-988-3788. DO NOT pay him the service package. He became very rude when I said no. It is crazy! I chatted with Arlo and they said someone will call me back and that was the guy who called me back. Now I talked to them, they said it was a scam?!

WTF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

BE WARE!!!!!!!

When I tried to sign into my account, it said my account was BLOCKED and to call 888-988-3788. I chatted with the Arlo instead; they said someone will call me to help. There is this guys Shawn Green from phone number: 773-887-6253 and the other number is 888-988-3788. He said he will send the link so I can reset, which didn't work. so he said there's something wrong with my network and I since I didn't buy the support package I'd have to pay him $129 to get it fixed. DO NOT pay him the service package. He became very rude and cursed left and right when I said no. It is crazy! I chatted with Arlo and they said someone will call me back and that was the guy who called me back. Now I talked to them, they said it was a scam?!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi WTF1,

Make sure when you're contacting the support team, you're using this provided link: Support Team.

You can also read here to learn how to avoid Arlo support scams and report them: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

WTF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

this is the link of the scammers !  https://www.arlocamera-setup.com/arlo-camera-login/

This is their email address: Arlo Support <arlosuppport@gmail.com>

tHIS IS THEIR PHONE NUMBER: 1-773-887-6253 OR 1-8889883788

mcgeekpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it is a scam. I had the exact same experience when I changed my router about a month ago. I unplugged everything and restarted the arlo. Lo and behold, I could log into Arlo with my old password. This was a head scratcher for me as to how this actually happened. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

The g-mail address is a dead give away. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation