Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Token Expired, Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
stringbob
Star
Star

RANT.... This is an annoying issue.. Why my fingerprint isn't sufficient to open the app is beyond nuts. I've searched this forum to find many complaints about the access token issue, and some of them actually claim to have solved the problem, even without an obvious resolution. In my case, the issue has nothing to do with other apps such as IFTTT or Stringify. The problem has been going on for long before I started using those apps. It seems to be a timer within the Arlo app (Android), or maybe my account that demands the re-entering of the password after x amount of time.. It makes no sense, but I think that's what's happening. Sure wish someone would find a solution.... RANT OFF. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using fingerprint logins on my Android 8.0 tablet with no issues. I have to use it after a reboot or a force close but that's it. Reinstall the app and check your phone settings.

bluevase
Guide
Guide

I have a Case number with Arlo to fix this!

This is clearly a software error that causes the Access token is expired on a periodic basis.  

This is a dangerous SAFETY issue as I found out today.

Every evening I get a few alerts due to my roommates arriving or leaving yet this morning NO ALERTS on my phone.  I check my email and there were three alerts last night.  So I decided to login on my phone loggin in using fingerprint recognition and got "Access token is expired" in the orange box, again, which happens every so often and have to reenter my username and password and thankj goodness it has never been a serious issue.

This means when the Arlo app is in that state, you DO NOT GET ALERTS, it would seem.

Granted, odd, since in the past, I got the alerts but had to reenter username and password.

I will update once Arlo resolves the issue.

PerryMitrano
Aspirant
Aspirant

RANT-

Can anyone tell me how to get my expired token on my Samsung 9+ working again? I have done the usual. Uninstalled reinstalled and all. I can see an email alert and log in from my laptop.  I can't log in to my account from my phone. 

Help!

Perry

@stringbob wrote:

RANT.... This is an annoying issue.. Why my fingerprint isn't sufficient to open the app is beyond nuts. I've searched this forum to find many complaints about the access token issue, and some of them actually claim to have solved the problem, even without an obvious resolution. In my case, the issue has nothing to do with other apps such as IFTTT or Stringify. The problem has been going on for long before I started using those apps. It seems to be a timer within the Arlo app (Android), or maybe my account that demands the re-entering of the password after x amount of time.. It makes no sense, but I think that's what's happening. Sure wish someone would find a solution.... RANT OFF. 🙂

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PerryMitrano

Have you contacted customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

DocEd
Guide
Guide

It's a shame that after all of these posts, some going back to last September, Arlo hasn't had the decency to post a response. Even if they don't yet have a fix they should at least acknowledge the issue. Makes one question the integrity of the company and whether it warrents our monetary investment.

bluevase
Guide
Guide

Two months later, no reply on the SAFETY ISSUE.  I guess too busy selling defective equipment even tho' other than this, I have really enjoyed the camera with a long battery life.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation