ARLO Pro 2 Software Bugs
To Tech Support.
I recently purchased an Arlo pro 2 base station with 4 cameras and I have noticed there are quite a few software bugs in your system. Here they are. Can you please respond to each problem with what processes are in place to rectify each problem?
- When I try and customise the notification tone on the Arlo app it doesn’t change, it just stays as the standard phone alert message tone regardless of which alarm tone I select.
- When cameras are set to record until activity stops all recordings only record for the length of about 11-13 seconds, regardless if there is still major motion in the centre of the recording field or not.
- To combat the problem off all recordings only going for the duration of approx 12 seconds I switched each camera to the record for 120 seconds when motion is detected. After doing this some of the recordings are still only 30-40 seconds long.
- When the camera stops its recording after either 12, 40 or even 120 seconds and there is still motion in the frame the cameras don’t record another clip straight away. They just act like there is no movement detected even though there is a person moving around right in front of the camera.
- I get a notification that there has been movement detected but when I go into the library there is no video of said detection sometimes, regardless of how long I wait and refresh the library. It sometimes just never appears.
- When I get a notification and I open up a camera in live view to see what’s going on it appears to stop the recording of the camera currently being recorded.
Thank you for your time and look forward to your response.
Re: ARLO Pro 2 Software Bugs
1-Install the latest app.
2-Remember that the camera has to be able to detect motion, not your eyes. Motion that stops for ~5 seconds causes recording to stop, too. You may need to increase motion sensitivity in your modes or use timed recordings.
3-You may have poor upload speeds or interference between the camera and base.
4-There's a reset period of several seconds between recordings. Again, poor upload speeds can cause this.
5-Try both the app and browser. There have been some similar reports of this.
6-Operation as designed.