Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Pro 2 Motion Trigger / Sound Notification

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bbdude
Tutor
Tutor

I have an ARLO Pro 2 system with 2 cameras. Both cameras have external AC power connected. Camera 1 looks out at my driveway and the street (cul de sac). Camera 2 looks at my front porch and front door. I have Camera 2 set to trigger on motion and record & push notification and it is working exactly as desired (I only get triggers / notification from camera 2 when someone steps onto my porch). I currently have camera 1 set to trigger on motion or sound, then record but no notification. I don't want to be notified every time a car passes the front of the house but do want to record it (it's a cul de sac so very light traffic). I have the sound sensitivity on camera 1 set fairly low so that it generally will only trigger on sound when my garage door is opened or closed. My question is: can I set camera 1 to record and push notification if triggered by sound but only record with no notification if triggered by motion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the notifications are for the whole rule, not isolated by the type of detection.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the notifications are for the whole rule, not isolated by the type of detection.

bbdude
Tutor
Tutor

Ok thanks jguerdat - that's pretty much what I concluded. Also, I take it only 1 rule is allowed per device, correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In this case, yes.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation