Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GEOFENCING IS THE WORST

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tfortier77
Initiate
Initiate

I have called Tech support couple times. I have tried a new phone. Unlimited data use of the app, unrestricted use of battery and data. I have tried resetting it, trying a different address. The simple truth is IT JUST DOES NOT WORK, otherwise it would? Right? I mean, they are too cheap or too lazy to fix it. PERIOD.

It sucks that companies everywhere have become so lazy and incompetant they would rather lose their own reputation than fix a bug. I mean, are you hiring dudes fresh out of college with no experience or do you employ programmers that make good money? Hmmm

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

What is it not doing, maybe we can at least give you some workarounds.

tfortier77
Initiate
Initiate

I may have found a solution. On my Samsung S8, geofencing did not work with Android 9. On my Samsung S9, geofencing did not work with Android 10. Geofencing still does not work on new s22 with Android 13. However, I still own the S9. It is powered off and has been for sure. But there was still a link to the old phone in arlo carried from phone swap program... I have unchecked its9 before. However you have a save button after you back out of your settings that can easily be missed.  Some screens require a save and others do not. I came home today and the geofencing actually worked for the first time. I wanted to delete my comment previously but cannot see how..as I have been dealing with this for two years.

Dannybear
Master
Master

It should be simple enough to recognise the change of settings and prompt you with the save option when you back out. Just a lazy programmer vs Friday afternoon.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation