Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

720P Delayed video

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
njoynazoutdrs
Follower
Follower

How can I correct the delayed recording of my cameras, I notice that the delay is so significant that whatever it is that's going by (person or vehicle) the camera will either catch the tail end or nothing. I have increased the sensitivity of the cameras as well as have extended the amount of time it records to 30 seconds, but none of these help with capturing an image. Example, I will get a delivery at my front door, camera will turn on after the person has already made it to the door and is on their way back (so I typically get the backside of them leaving) but if I go out there and take my time walking up to the door, it records great. Just isn't quick enough for someone walking fast 

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@njoynazoutdrs

With the oroginal Arlo cameras there is not much you can do except try positioning the cameras in such a way that you catch the person walking across the face of the camera as much as possible. The newer Pro cameras are a lot better. You might also try to decide which is more important, someone walking up to your porch, or positioning the camera in such away as to capture someone spending some time to break into your doors or windows.

Since Arlo natively has nor accepts other sensors to trigger the cameras, if you purchase the Arlo motion detecting sensor with lights due out in May, you could use them to trigger the cameras to start recording earlier.

Arlo has a great integration with Samsung Smartthings. With Smartthings I can use many types of sensors and many different manufacturer's sensors to trigger the cameras earlier or to trigger my inside cameras if there are other issues inside my home, such as fire or water leaks..

Brian 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you must/can, you can move the camera so the person triggers the recording while walking in thereby allowing the delay not to matter as much... then you will record them at door and walking away ( getting face )

One of my cams;

Also, shrink the size of pic by 15-20% (use pan-zoom) and then re-center the pic you want to view.

This ( since the PIR covers the entire FOV ) will make the cam appear to record faster as the trigger event happens outside of the viewing area

Cap 7-12.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation