Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 out of 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras are showing offline. How to troubleshoot (currently not at home)?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Venusrising
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, I have 5 Pro 2 Cameras and 4 of them are showing "offline".  I am away from home and cannot physically troubleshoot the issue.  Any advice on what I can do to get them back online?

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you tried to see if the base station can be restarted using the app? My base station remote restart does not work as it is probably restarting some other users base instead. If you’re unable to restart it you will need to power cycle the base locally. Beware that the remote restart function will initially tell you that the base is offline but this is a false status. If the base is actually restarted you will get no information for two to three minutes before everything starts working on the App.

Venusrising
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply.  I was concerned about using the restart from a remote location, so I let it be for the rest of the day and the following morning, the cameras were back up and working again.  I have a feeling the firmware or some other software update must have happened and the cameras went into some kind of sleep mode until some motion occured that woke them up again.   

Apprentice
Apprentice

Suddenly this morning I am experiencing the same thing you have. This is so unreliable.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation