Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AMorH
Tutor
Tutor

I am so happy 2FA is finally an available feature however...when accessing from both a smartphone and desktop browser, the desktop browser (Chrome) is not saving the browser/machine as a trusted device. Every time I login via the browser I have to respond to the push notification on my trusted smartphone device. Which coincidently also logs out from the other device but that is not a new issue, I was hoping that behavior would be changed in the new app but that's another topic. Anyone else having this issue? Any plans to fix? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I turned off the 2fa on my android phone due to this....

Must sign in on the web 10x a day and the login was killing me.

In Firefox, I sort of got around the login ( as it didn't want to remember the password) 

by copy and paste in the email/pw and then the browser remembered the info, so now it is just a click of the mouse

As to the phone, I just don't sign out but swap to back and it's there next time still

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AMorH
Tutor
Tutor

Hey TomMac, in Chrome I had it set so it would auto login me in using LastPass and then had a Chrome extension to refresh the browser every 15min.. so I could always have a browser window on a monitor showing me the cameras.. now with the new site it takes you to the main page that you have to click login .. then it auto signs me in but what a pain now.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is exactly the current behavior: only iOS/Android devices are trusted and the web app (or third party integrations) needs to be authorized each and every time. At least the Apple Watch notification comes with a cool “Authorize” button, but yeah, web app needs badly to be trusted.

Regards.

MM386
Initiate
Initiate

Same here.  2FA is great and working ok on my Android phone -- it remembers and doesn't require re-auth and even uses fingerprint! Awesome.

However, would like a "remember this device" option for PC-based browsers.  Ideally this should have an option to re-authenticate every x days (say 7 or 30) and/or if my external IP changes  (same with phone).  It's a bit of a pain to use my Desktop and Laptop since I have to re-auth all the time.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation