Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ar5
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you see at the screenshot the record video function is grey out, it wont record any motion detected.

I have 4 cameras connected, 2 cameras are working fine, they can record motion but the other 2 cannot record motion. 

FYI I have 2 arlo base, one of the base have 4 cameras, the other only have 2 cameras

I don't have subscription, I don't need to record 24 hours, just when there is motion only when my shop close  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base and reinserted the camera batteries?

Ar5
Aspirant
Aspirant

After some more research I think I know what the issue is, I have 4 cameras connected to my arlo 2 base, lets call it cam 1 - cam 4.

Cam 1 and cam 2 are the original arlo pro 2, therefore they can record motion and store video in cloud for 7 days free

Cam 3 and cam 4 are arlo essential spotlight cameras, I bought this 2 cameras individually not long ago, therefore they require subscription to record to cloud. This 2 cameras are the one not recording motion. 

If I am correct, will it be possible to record locally with USB from my cam 3 and 4, at least this way my purchase is not a total waste

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ar5 wrote:

Cam 3 and cam 4 are arlo essential spotlight cameras, I bought this 2 cameras individually not long ago, therefore they require subscription to record to cloud.

Correct.  Pro3, Pro4, Ultra, Essential Cameras and the video doorbells all require subscriptions to record to the cloud.

USB storage will work if the cameras are paired with a compatible base.  However, your older base might not be compatible.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

Also, if you want direct access to the recordings, you'd need a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000) - even then there are quite a few limitations.  Though it does cost, IMO the subscription is the best way to go.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation