Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 of 4 cameras show activity zones disabled error. Connected through Solar Panel. No subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cocache05
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 of my 4 cameras connected to solar panels are giving me this error. If solar panels are not considered an AC connection, why aren’t all 4 cameras giving same error?

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Cocache05  Solar panels are not considered AC power. Activity zones will work on battery with subscription not sure if you have one  The error you see I and others have seen on some cameras even with a subscription.  It seems to be a bug but never saw that confirmed. Arlo did put out a fix for activity zones this week not sure if it fixed the ac notification. 

Cocache05
Aspirant
Aspirant

No subscription, but 2 of 4 on solar don’t have this error and activity zones work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Cocache05,

Is this error occurring through the Arlo app on your phone device and/or the web client on your computer? 

Cocache05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only on the app (iPhone and iPad).  I get motion notices on 2 of the solar powered cams not exhibiting the error.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For activity zones to work on no subscription, you will need to plug it in on AC power. But if all your cameras don't have subscription and only some cameras are experiencing this issue, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation