Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of the 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have will not recording. Others work fine.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Alexanr1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  One of them has stopped recording.  Here is what I have done:

- Powered the camera off and on.

- deleted the camera and re-added it back

- rebooted the base station

Note:  The camera works, the motion test mode shows amber, just no recording.

Two other cameras work just fine!

frustrated, help......

- Rich

6 REPLIES 6
Aeco
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also having the same issue, I noticed it starting a day ago. I can still watch a live feed and view previous clips with no issues. But I no longer get clips or notifications when there is movement.

I did test the motion sensing and also confirmed the amber light flashing as expected. And have restarted the base station, removed/ readded the camera, turned off/on the security, and turned off/on the camera to no avail.

Any thoughts?
cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
I am also have this issue, started 2 days ago when I put up 2 other cameras in addition to my first. Now the first one I installed stopped working after I moved it.
Live works just fine, but it’s not recording anything or notifying me. Tried the steps you did and even tried deleting the camera and switching with another one, still nothing. I’m frustrated as it was working just fine before, not sure why 3 is the magic number here.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked and verified that the sense level is set IN the MODE.

Arm cameras and then on live view screen, verify that the motion detect icons are Black ( ball with line or running man )

If they are black , go into the Mode and check or increase the sense level for that camera and test

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
So when in LIVE mode the motion icon should be black?
When it is connecting to live, the motion icon is black. The sensitivity level is turned up to 100 as I haven’t been getting any notifications on this camera. If I am putting my face right up to the camera, it detects me.
Alexanr1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Checked that.   Let’s remember one thing, the camera use to record  and just stopped.  It’s not that it was installed or configured wrong, it use to work.  

Thus needs Arlo technical help?  I don’t know how to open up a defect ticket.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation