Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Alaskaoley
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 Arlo cameras around my property that have been installed and working perfectly since last fall. This week one of the cameras, an Arlo Pro 2, stopped activating when there was motion. The other 4 cameras continue to work with motion detection. I moved the camera several times and took it down and walked around with it. No motion detection at all. The “walking man “ icon is there and blacked in for the camera. I deleted the camera and reinstalled it to the base station but that didn’t help. I can manually turn the camera off and on, make recordings, etc. But no motion detection. I checked and my firmware is up to date. Seems the problem is isolated with this camera. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice

This fixed it for me.....   Smiley Very Happy

Aspirant

Re: Cameras stopped recording 7/21/18

I had the same problem with my outside camera which i keep plugged in and the battery in. After trying everything I could, I called for online help and they had me do everything again. BUT she finally gave me a SOLUTION! She had me unplug it and see if it detected motion while just on battery. It still didn't. Then she had me take the battery out and plug the camera back in. It then started detecting motion. Then, I put the battery back in without unplugging it and it still worked. I just hope it holds up now! Hope this helps you and others. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

At any stage did you try setting the system to Disarmed and then back to whatever mode you use to record?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or reboot the base?

Alaskaoley
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I did a disarm and reset the base station. The problem really seems isolated to the one camera 

Alaskaoley
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I tried that and did a factory reset of the base station. Set all the cameras back up and still have the same issue with motion detection on the one camera 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alaskaoley,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

Where is Support, please

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.

Started last week. Have 4 cameras on my system. This camera was added 4 months ago.

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice

This fixed it for me.....   Smiley Very Happy

Aspirant

Re: Cameras stopped recording 7/21/18

I had the same problem with my outside camera which i keep plugged in and the battery in. After trying everything I could, I called for online help and they had me do everything again. BUT she finally gave me a SOLUTION! She had me unplug it and see if it detected motion while just on battery. It still didn't. Then she had me take the battery out and plug the camera back in. It then started detecting motion. Then, I put the battery back in without unplugging it and it still worked. I just hope it holds up now! Hope this helps you and others. 

Alaskaoley
Tutor
Tutor

Mine are battery only. Yesterday I decided to inspect the camera beyond the cursory once-over I did when the problem started. I took the battery out as part of the inspection and didn’t see anything wrong with the camera. I put the battery back in and a minute later, the motion detection was working again. Something simple I should have tried first. Hopefully the problem won’t repeat and the issue is resolved. 

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

Sorry please ignore

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

* Sorry* The problem is it quits working at least 3 times a day.  It has not stopped we did the same with all cameras.  

Is anyone ekse having the exact same issue with Batteries only, or all Arlo Caneras?  

2 Cameras are constantly going off for weeks now.  This is beyond frustation.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Someone said to Resent all Cameras to the Base unit, in other words Resink all Cameras , like staring over again.  Trying this later.  

I know one thing this is a huge issue, that truly needs fixing now.  

Excuse me for any spelling* mistake I am exhausted resetting these Cameras and not getting enough sleep.    

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just to clarify for future readers, my affected camera is battery only also.

Plugging it in and following these steps fixed it.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation