Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brian724
Follower
Follower

I’ve been looking through the threads but I was unable to find any good answers so I was hoping maybe someone had figured this out. I will be honest, some of the answers I have seen from support scared me so let me start off by stating:

No, I will not lower the level of security on my network to add your device. If your device is unable to handle WPA3 please just tell me and I will return your product and purchase one from a vendor that can

No, I will not set my network to only run at 2.4, as I mentioned above, if your product is unable to handle a network being broadcast on multiple frequencies, please let me know so I can return it.

Yes, my router is fully up to date.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brian724 wrote:

No, I will not lower the level of security on my network to add your device. If your device is unable to handle WPA3 

No, I will not set my network to only run at 2.4, as I mentioned above,

I'm tagging @JamesC to get a definitive answer on WPA3.  Some cameras needed firmware updates to handle WPA3, so the install needed to begin with WPA2 until the firmware update happened.  I'm not sure if that applies to the home security system or not.

As far as 2.4 ghz goes, that is only an issue for the original install.  My own Orbi mesh doesn't let me disable 5 ghz, so I've always skipped that step, and so far haven't run into any install problems. (Note I have installed the home security system). 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very early firmware did require WPA2 to complete onboarding. The firmware available now does not have that issue. So in this case, it may be necessary to set network security to WPA2 to onboard and complete the firmware update for the Arlo device and then swap back to WPA3 after installation is complete.

JamesC