Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dedavisfamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I'm trying to setup my 4 digit pin for my security system in the ARLO app I get this message on the top of the screen "Public Key Required " and I can't move forward.   What is this and how do I resolve it?

9 REPLIES 9
Dedavisfamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

1000005133.jpg

Dedavisfamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 2-3 hrs talking to Customer support (didn't help) I figured it our myself,  you have to have an "Assistant Pin" set under your Account profile. 

futbolito112000
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I ran into the same issue and was chatting with customer service and they had me unplug home security system and uninstall app, etc...but it still gave me the same yellow ribbon with Public key required despite keying in the same Assistant PIN I had setup in the Profile section. Does yours still say you need to complete the onboarding and enter the PIN but still end up seeing the same message in the app?  

I appreciate your responses to this. Thank you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you make sure the primary pin is set up following these steps:

To change the Primary PIN:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App or login to My.Arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click silhouette
  3. Tap or click Location.
  4. Tap or click PINs.
  5. Tap or click Primary Security PIN.
  6. Tap or click pencil icon
  7. Enter a 4-digit PIN or Generate a Random PIN.
  8. Tap or click Continue.
  9. Verify your Security PIN.
  10. Tap or click Save.

And then follow these steps for set up:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062860/How-do-I-setup-and-install-my-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub

futbolito112000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, it doesn't work as I've tried before multiple times.  After I put a Primary Pin, and then click on Save, it says "Please wait...." and doesn't do anything for hours unless you refresh and close out the browser.  It doesn't save anything!  I even tried putting in the secondary PIN, and it is stuck in this "Please wait..."  This thing is a total failure!

I then go to the App and try to "Finish Onboarding" as I can't install any sensors, and after putting in a PIN, I get the "Public key required" message at the top and can't do anything else.  I have to get out of the App to just get back to the screen.

I feel like I am repeating myself with the customer service teams and Arlo doesn't have a solution. I should probably just return it and then look at another option for home security.  It seems the App, Dashboard on the browser, and the device are not communicating with each other! 
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to support to have someone reach out to you and help you with the setup. 

futbolito112000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you and I already have a case # on this.  This can't be the first time Arlo has run into this issue. How long do I have to return this device if there isn't a resolution? The Nest product was super easy and I never had a problem. It's just unfortunate that they will stop working on April 8th and Arlo was the replacement solution. If no resolution, then I will have to get a Ring home security system, which I don't really want, but it may be my only option aside from Simplisafe or Aqara. Thank you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was you able to get this resolved with support?

futbolito112000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Sam gave me a call on Saturday morning and we did a complete factory reset, delete the device from the app, and start all over. It worked right away.

Someone needs to add instructions on how to do this, which if I recall correctly, was to hold the panic button and #4 on the keypad, and then unplug the keypad, or vice versa. I can't remember the steps but this should be posted in case someone else runs into this.

The alarm works great now and the outdoor siren, which I installed indoor (upstairs), all work great. Same goes for the window and door sensors. I did run into connection issues with the sensors and just did factory resets on each one. Thank you.