Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ctcinsj
Guide
Guide

Arlo, for whatever reason, decided to remove one of the best features of the Arlo application - I can't believe how bad the product management team is at making such a bad, horrible decision.  If you are listening to the users, please add that feature back as soon as you can, else Arlo will be losing lots of users.,

Frustrated user who was relatively happy with Arlo before this, now I'm just a very, very unhappy customer.  

Other's in community, please chime in.

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback. The development team is currently reviewing all feedback about the new user interface so we can further enhance the experience in future updates. Stay tuned. For more information about how modes and routines work in the new user interface, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

JamesC

ctcinsj
Guide
Guide

Also - previously, each mode allows you to customize each device in each mode for motion sensitivity, the new app even with the 3 modes, does not allow that.  Why does Arlo remove functionality which made Arlo great - now it's only frustrating for us users.  so sad. 

Socalrunnergirl
Initiate
Initiate

Two months later and still no custom modes. I was forced to update and now have a user experience that is useless. Without custom modes we are going to have to dump all our arlos and move to a new system. 

MrBuffer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Absolutely ridiculous that this feature got removed, my 25 arlo cameras are pushing notifications to my phone every second because custom modes are gone.  How do these companies keep beta testing their garbage products on users and getting away with it!?  I think we all need to leave negative reviews for the cameras that forced this app upgrade, maybe then Arlo will fix this faster.  For me the Arlo 5S forced the upgrade to this junk app.

Dontbuyarlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your new app sucks, the old app was fine. And why can’t I access my old cameras with the new app and why can’t I revert it the old app in that case? Who do I go to with since you don’t even offer live support. You need to fix this ASAP. This company is going to **bleep** in no time. Look at all the  bad reviews on Costco. 

SMaffei
Aspirant
Aspirant

This new Arlo app is absolutely horrible. I have 17 cameras that were all working perfectly until one went bad out of warranty. When I purchased a replacement, I was forced to upgrade the app with no ability to revert. All my custom mode settings and individual camera control went away.  I now have a very expensive almost entirely useless system.  I have already spent a number of hours trying to figure out how to get the same functionality I already had.  I see a number of people affiliated with Arlo in this forum stating that you can do lots of the same things, but you have to go search on how to do it or work around the new functionality. All I want is the old user interface back. I have never seen a poorer, less customer-focused UIX rollout or a more blatant attempt to charge more in subscriptions based on the number of base stations you have.  Shame.  

Bebo70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I join to this complain. The new app and features are horribles and a significant worsening in the performance and user experience. Is someone from Arlo taking in consideration user’s comments?

depiermi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree with the comments that the new app is inferior. The old app allowed monitoring of my two locations and now through chat support being told need another subscription, one for each location. Another deficient difference is I could arm hubs individually. Now the whole location gets armed.

Anyone know how you can actually talk to a real person for Marlo support?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@depiermi wrote:

Anyone know how you can actually talk to a real person for Marlo support?

You need a subscription or a product still under warranty.  

Then use the support center in the app (not my.arlo.com) - there is a phone option in that section.

@depiermi wrote:

The old app allowed monitoring of my two locations and now through chat support being told need another subscription, one for each location.

FWIW, this was in the old terms of service, but not enforced by the app.

Personally I think they should allow 2 locations with one subscription, but require an additional subscription if you have more then that.

@depiermi wrote:

Another deficient difference is I could arm hubs individually. Now the whole location gets armed.

Whether that's a bad thing depends on your setup.  If you have wifi-connected cameras, you had to control them individually in the app with "Library", which is cumbersome if you have a lot of cameras.

But some things are clear:

• they need to put custom modes back
  • scheduling+geofencing needs to work (and be simple).
Bebo70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to send an email to someone in order to comply with this very poor app features? Otherwise i think that the only way is to write very bad reviews on Amazon and on the various app stores. I think that, as customers, we have to react.

Clearly this step backward in app and features has been only triggered to increase revenues from customers. Now in order to maintain two different "virtual locations" in the same house I have to pay more than 200 euro per year and i don't have anymore the same features than before. Far too much for this poor service! 

oddballarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was about to buy a few more camers, but then discovered this when I couldn't share the cameras with my wife because my account still has the old app. Looking for an alternative now. When a company ignores it's customers and intentionally downgrades a product, they're absolutely a do not buy.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@oddballarlo wrote:

I couldn't share the cameras with my wife 

FYI, Arlo has allowed simultaneous logins for a few months now.  So one option is for both of you to share your account credentials.