Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Multiple Notifications that stop basestation to work (Base Station VMB5000r6)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jgosselin
Star
Star

Hello. Im having a BIG issue for the past 4 week. Let me start byt the begining… I have 13 cameras in total and 3 of these are facing the front of my house and they are located outside. I had no particular issues to send smart notification  (1 arlo pro 4, 1 arlo pro 5k, 1 doorbell) 4 weeks ago i started to get 2 notification on each cameras onces a day. Not knowing what were causing this to happen, we realised at the end of the day that the base station went offline from the time we received the 1st double notification. 3 cameras sending a notification means i was getting 6 notification in a row for each time the cameras trigerred something. End of day i had to restart the basestation and everything were back to normal. from the day it started up to now (4 weeks after) i now have that same issue 3-4 times a day per camera per trigger and i now have to reboot the base station 4-5 times a day! This is unbelievable. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Jgosselin
Star
Star

Yesterday i did another test and i removed most of the smart notification i had “on” for each of the cameras facing the front of the house and since i have less notification showing on my phone, the base station disconnect to the network and have to restart the system on and on and on. PLEASE HELP!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jgosselin Is the base station going offline, are you receiving an offline message in the Arlo app?

Are you still receiving duplicate notifications? Can you provide a screenshot if so?

Thanks 

Jgosselin
Star
Star

I do receive multiple notification as you can see on my screenshots. As for the offline, not for the past 2-3 days si ce i removed some notifications settings.

Jgosselin
Star
Star
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jgosselin Can you try removing and reinstalling the Arlo app?

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Short answer is “yes” i did. Still same problem. The long answer is “NO” i will NOT reinstall all my cameras (13 in total) for the 10issssh time. This problem wasnt there 2 months ago, please fix on you end. Regards.