Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Keypad Sensor Hub - is it also a Smart Hub?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
andy525
Initiate
Initiate

I'm considering buying the Arlo Home Security System but have a question about the Keypad Sensor Hub. Does it function as a "base station" in the way that the Arlo SmartHub does? Specifically, I want to know if the Keypad Sensor Hub can connect directly to a WiFi router via ethernet to provide a more stable connection for accessories, in particular an Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell, etc.

A side note: it's kind of ridiculous that I can't speak with a live sales agent to clarify questions like this... I don't have a paid subscription but that's because I don't even own the product yet!!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The security hub does not function as a base station - only the sensors connect to it. The hub only uses WiFi to connect to your router - there's no Ethernet port.

andy525
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you! Good to know. It seems strange that it wouldn't be able to function as a base station/hub as well.

AvonPat
Star
Star

It can function as a hub for SecureLink-enabled cameras. As of right now, only the 5S has that capability. Older cameras cannot connect to it.