Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
bnwnyc
Tutor
Tutor

The Home Security System comes with a flat wall plate and a corner wall plate.  I understand that these need to be screwed into the desired wall, but how do you attach the keypad sensor hub to the mounting plate?  There are no adhesives included for this purpose.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, there's no reason the hub can't be vertically mounted other than the motion sensor location. If you don't need that, I'd go for it. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Keypad is not designed to be wall mounted and must be placed on a flat surface or table. For more information, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062859/Where-do-I-place-my-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub

JamesC

bnwnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply and the article link.  Does anyone know if the keypad will cease to function if it is wall mounted?  I don't need the keypad to work as a motion sensor or smoke/carbon monoxide sound alarm sensor.  I just need it to be the keypad and I don't have a convenient location where it can be on a flat horizontal surface.  I love my Arlo cameras and really don't want to have to return this system!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, there's no reason the hub can't be vertically mounted other than the motion sensor location. If you don't need that, I'd go for it. 

bnwnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the feedback.  Am going to give it a go with some heavy duty command velcro.  I think that will do the trick and maybe Arlo will read the threads and consider some design optionality for the keypad hub 2.0!

TScotty
Guide
Guide

In my opinion, Arlo really missed the mark on the design of the keypad. It should have a wall mount option with the ability to rotate the motion sensor in a direction other than down. I plan to install my keypad in my mudroom where I enter the house from the garage. There is insufficient space in this small room for a table to place the keypad. Another desired design change would be to incorporate a flat wall plug instead of the chunky cube. Lastly, having the power cord attach to the bottom of the keypad would be better for a wall mount application.

jaylewis70
Tutor
Tutor

James, this is NOT an attack on you personally, so please don't take offense.  As an Arlo Partner, I will hang in there, but there should have been more R & D and community input before this was made available to the public.  Arlo's unmountable tabletop keypad is not feasible for most homeowners. Most people are going to be replacing their existing alarm system with Arlo.  Thus, they will likely already have existing keypads with powered wiring in the wall.  A standard keypad that could have used the typical 12-volt power source would have been ideal, even if Arlo provided an optional 12v to 5v converter.

However, I understand the 'all-in-one' approach of the extra engineering features in the keypad, which would be great for a condo or small apartment--maybe the current tabletop keypad should have been a variation of a standard keypad.  Also, the delay in us being able to purchase the upcoming "add-on keypads" makes this product feel rushed like I have bought a beta product.  

SummerSky
Initiate
Initiate

I've been an Arlo customer for years.  Disappointed to see that the keypad cant be mounted on the wall without an unsightly wire coming out of the top.