Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I want to use an all-in-one sensor for Smoke/CO detection. The documentation states that it works with T3 for smoke and T4 for CO. I need to upgrade my current smoke alarms as they don't meet the requirement. The question I have is will the all-in-one sensor work with T3 and T4 with voice? My concern is that after the 3 beeps T3 the alarm will say fire. Will the all-one-sensor detect the T3 or T4 signal or will the voice following the beeps prohibit it from recognizing the alarm for either fire or carbon monoxide? Example of one of the T3/T4 alarm is the Kidde Model KN-COSM-BA. For fire it uses three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message "FIRE" and for the Carbon Monoxide 4 short beeps followed by a verbal warning "WARNING CARBON MONOXIDE" Either one will continue until smoke or CO is gone or reset.

Thanks

Gary

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe that the voice could interfere since it's the tones that would be important. Testing would be needed.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

That was kind of my thoughts. My other thought was that the voice would be noise and maybe confuse the sensor. I don't know what the db level of the voice is. Expecting silence between beeps. I have the Security system on pre-order. I'll pick up one of the Kidde alarms and test it with the sensor when it comes in. I'll report back what I find. I couldn't find no documentation or a way to ask Arlo directly. Thanks for the input.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat 

I finally received the Home Security System, and I bought a Kidde Model KN-COSM-BA smoke/CO alarm. I can confirm that the voice feature does not interfere with the sensors or the sensor in the keypad of the alarm system. I never had a smoke/CO alarm with voice, so I didn't know.  The voice tone is soft compared to the T3 / T4 alarm. Hope this helps anyone that had concerns.

Thanks

Gary

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My smoke/CO2 alarms also have voice which also don't affect the detection of the tones. However, the fact that the fire (T3?) tone is immediately followed by the CO2 tone using the test function confuses trying to test that the tones are properly identified. The sensor detects fire but not CO2 when using the test function as I recall when first testing it out. That doesn't mean that the system doesn't detect properly but is something to be aware of.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I still had to set up another sensor to detect Smoke/CO2. I didn't pay that much attention to the detection status with the first one. After reading your post I paid attention to the status while setting the sensor up. The one I just set up picked up the T3, the finished button popped up right after (I didn't click it) I let the T4 finish and by the time the Smoke/CO2 alarm finished the sensor displayed CO2 under the Fire in the detection status. In my case with the alarm I had it detected both in the sensor status. The finish button seems to pop up to quick.

Thanks

Gary