Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

EOL 3030

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dq24
Tutor
Tutor

I just want to say that I think it's bull**bleep** that perfectly good cameras are being forced into retirement. I have had no problems with my cameras up until recently and because of its EOL are now useless to me. Obviously I got these cameras for a reason. My concern was my safety that's why we trusted in Arlo. I cannot afford new cameras even with the discount they offer from their email so I'm basically screwed and I'll probably now end up dead thanks Arlo for nothing. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dq24 wrote:

I just want to say that I think it's bull**bleep** that perfectly good cameras are being forced into retirement. I have had no problems with my cameras up until recently and because of its EOL are now useless to me. 

The cameras should still be working as they did before.  EoL means they aren't supported, and while features might drop off at some time in the future, that hasn't happened yet.  

What problems are you seeing?

Dq24
Tutor
Tutor

Won't go back on-line after battery change. Tried re- syncing to base. I get nothing. I've tried removing the cameras and adding them back on and they don't come up, they say they are offline.  I even tried the smart hub removing that and that didn't work. It just keeps saying that they're offline and make sure that the power is on to them. Am I forgetting something to do to change this so that I don't get this error code. any advice is appreciated. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dq24 wrote:

I even tried the smart hub removing that and that didn't work. It just keeps saying that they're offline and make sure that the power is on to them. 

Does the hub show up as on-line?  What is the status of the LEDs?

How are you re-syncing the cameras to the base?