Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot connect Keypad Sensor Hub SH1001 to 2.4GHz network

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
GGarrison
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am following the instructions to setup and install as listed here. https://kb.arlo.com/000062860/How-do-I-setup-and-install-my-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub . Since I have been through this so many times unsuccessfully, I follow the factory reset instructions using the keypad here. https://kb.arlo.com/000062967/How-do-I-factory-reset-the-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub  This device was part of Item No. SS1201-100NAS.

I disabled the 5GHz network as described here. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Home-Security-System/Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub-will-not-connect-to-my-Wi-Fi/m-p/1891915  I removed the power cords from both SmartHubs VMB5000NA. None of the Ultra 2 cameras were online in the Arlo app on my Samsung Galaxy Note10+. I powered down the TP-Link Archer AX11000 router for 1 minute, forgot the 2.4GHz network from my phone, powered back up the router, rebooted my phone, did a factory reset on the keypad sensor hub, went through the install, and still failed. Reference these instructions: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Home-Security-System/Arlo-Keypad-won-t-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/1934616 

Of the available Wi-Fi security settings (WPA2-PSK[AES]+WPA-PSK[TKIP], WPA3-Personal, WPA3-Personal+WPA2-PSK[AES], WPA2-Enterprise, and WPA/WPA2-Enterprise), I selected the first. I disabled Hide SSID, so the network name Aaaaaaaa99_99-99 is visible (not the actual network but representative where A or a is a character between A and Z, case sensitive, and 9 is representative of a number between 0 and 9; it has a dash and underscore that I want to keep to avoid reprogramming other devices). I checked the router and 4 other devices (cell phones and tablets) are successfully using this 2.4GHz network after reboot. My cell phone is current on all OS updates, and the VPN is disabled on my phone (temporarily during this setup attempt). The VPN is not enabled at all on the router. The router transmits on 802.11 b/g/n/ax (mixed). There is no access control in use (a/k/a blacklist, whitelist). It is using both IPv4 and IPv6.

What is odd is that my experience does not exactly follow the setup and install instructions. Below is where it deviates in all CAPS.
____

To setup and install your Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Confirm the Location where you want your device to be installed. 
  3. Tap Devices.
  4. Tap + 

5. Tap Security System.

Note: You can only add one Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub per Location. 

1. Place your Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub in an area where you want motion detected.
  2. Tap Continue.
  3. Scan the QR code on the bottom of the Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub.
  4. Plug the Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub power cable into an electrical outlet.
    1. (IT IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN FROM PRIOR UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS.)
  5. When the Keypad Sensor Hub Check button starts flashing, tap Continue
  6. Press and hold the Keypad Sensor Hub Check button.
    1. "PLEASE WAIT"
    2. "CONNECT TO DEVICE? ARLO SECURE WILL USE A TEMPORARY WI-FI NETWORK TO CONNECT TO THE DEVICE. ARLO_9716" PRESS CANCEL OR CONNECT
    3. PRESSED CONNECT
    4. BACK TO "PRESS AND HOLD THE CHECK BUTTON ON THE HUB."
    5. PRESS CONTINUE.
    6. "COULDN'T CONNECT. CHECK YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN."
    7. IT JUST LOOPS AT THIS POINT. I HAVE TO CLOSE THE APP FROM THE OS, AS IT WILL NOT RETURN TO THE HOME SCREEN BY SIMPLY USING THE BACK BUTTON ON THE PHONE.

At this point, I spent hours working on this and need to get to bed. Before that though, I have to get the 5GHz band going again, power up the SmartHubs, ensure that the 8 Ultra 2 cameras (4 on 1 SmartHub and 4 on the other), the Pro 3 floodlight FB1001-100NAS (on 1 of the SmartHubs (5 total connections, 4 on the other SmartHub), and the Wired doorbell AVD1001-100NAS (successfully connected to the 2.4GHz network) are all working correctly, as other people need to use the network.

I welcome any help. I have given up on your technical support. I have an open ticket with them for the activity zones not working, have provided them 70 recordings, log files from the app, cell phone OS info, ISP info, speedtest results (100Mbps down, 134 up on the phone; 916Mbps down, 629 up on the router), etc. I think they are just asking me for information to stall for time and/or wear me out.

The community seems to be much more responsive and successful. Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0