Geofencing for Cameras on new Home Security App

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KS32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hoping someone can help as this seems way more complicated than it should be.  I have older cameras and hub that were running just fine set on geofencing for years.  I just got the home security system and therefore was forced to upgrade to the new app.  When I did so the geofencing turned off for the cameras and i cant figure out how to setup again.  Basically what i want is for the cameras to operate on geofencing but NOT the security system.  Want cameras to arm when i leave even if the alarm is on standby, and I want the alarm to not run on geofencing so only armed if i turn it on myself.  Anyone know how to do this please help!!!  I'm lost in this new app.  

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KS32 wrote:

Hoping someone can help as this seems way more complicated than it should be.  I have older cameras and hub that were running just fine set on geofencing for years.  I just got the home security system and therefore was forced to upgrade to the new app.  When I did so the geofencing turned off for the cameras and i cant figure out how to setup again.  Basically what i want is for the cameras to operate on geofencing but NOT the security system.  Want cameras to arm when i leave even if the alarm is on standby, and I want the alarm to not run on geofencing so only armed if i turn it on myself.  Anyone know how to do this please help!!!  I'm lost in this new app.  

If you want the cameras and the security system to be completely independent, then the easiest way to do that is to set up another account for the cameras.  Then share the cameras with the home security system.

You will end up on the new interface for both accounts.