Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Cannot add another user to access my Arlo cameras - 2 Ultra 2 XL - Wirefree doorbell - chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
peterfctas
Tutor
Tutor

Want add persons to my house cameras / doorbell. Invite / acceptance etc. all work fine. New accounts created but the devices shared are not visible.  

Followed this advice without results: 

1. need to verify is if both the primary and secondary accounts are using the latest version of the Arlo mobile app (
    Version 4.8.0 6 Release Sep 8, 2023) --> YES, DONE
  2. both apps need to be using the same UI experience (you can quickly identify this by seeing if there is a "dashboard" option across the bottom of the app main screen after logging in). If you do not see dashboards, we need to force your account to migrate to the new UI experience. To do this, you will need to tap "Add new device", select "Arlo Home Security System" and you should be prompted to migrate to the new UI. After you receive verification that you've successfully migrated your account, you can then leave the Arlo Home Security System onboarding flow and then you should be able to share devices with the friend account. --> no dashboard visible, but trying to upgrade to new UI when  selecting 'add new device' option "Arlo Home Security System" is not available.

Please provide support, because additional users live in the same house. What about the Arlo Secure licenses, they can be shared between those inhabitants, right?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're in a country where the security system hasn't rolled out yet, that's your problem. You can also look to see if the Pro 5 is available to be added - that will also trigger the migration since it also requires the new UI.

peterfctas
Tutor
Tutor

So I bought the most advanced and expensive security cameras, with advanced 4K resolution captures 4x more detail so you can zoom in on faces with no distortion, and this will not work in Belgium, and that is my problem?

How come something is sold in my country while it will not work? Why can a web- or iOs/Android application not work in all of Europe?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

peterfctas,

Try the same steps you mentioned in your original post, but add a "Pro 5" camera instead of the Arlo Home Security system. This should also prompt the migration.

JamesC

peterfctas
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you James, I have the new UI incl. dashboard now!

But I lost my 3 months free subscription to Arlo Secure, and cannot find redeem service code.

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Peter 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

peterfctas,

If you're experiencing an issue with subscriptions, I encourage you to reach out to Arlo Support for your region by using the Arlo Mobile app under Settings > Support and open a ticket to further investigate the issue.

JamesC