Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub Installation Troubleshooting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
frodo2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to install the Arlo Security System - and having trouble installing the Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub.

When I scan the QR code on the back of the Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub it opens the Arlo Secure app and takes me to "Meet your Arlo Chime 2." (That's odd). If I follow the installation for the Arlo Chime 2 I run into a problem. The app asks to join the network "Arlo_0422" but then says it is unable to join the network. In any case, the QR code should take me to a different prompt. If I select "Add New Device" from the app or browser I don't see the Keypad Sensor Hub as an option.

I've tried on an iPhone and an iPad and on my computer.  I am only using a 2.4GHz wifi network (I disabled the 5G network) with WPA2 security. 

I have been able to successfully install Arlo Pro4 cameras to my Arlo Secure account.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@frodo2016 wrote:

When I open the Arlo Secure app, I don't see a way to confirm location. When I tap devices and add, there is no choice for security system (only cameras, lights, doorbells, base station). Am I missing something?

You should see the option if you are using the current version of the app, and you are in a country where the security system is sold.

What country are you in?

Is this a newly created account?

If not, was the account created when you were in that country?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're not following the installation procedure provided by the app. You don't scan the code and have it open the app - you use the app to add the security system and follow the steps provided.

frodo2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm. Here are the directions I have: To setup and install your Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub:
- Launch the Arlo Secure App.
- Confirm the Location where you want your device to be installed.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap Add icon.
- Tap Security System.

When I open the Arlo Secure app, I don't see a way to confirm location. When I tap devices and add, there is no choice for security system (only cameras, lights, doorbells, base station). Am I missing something?

Settings: On the app settings, Arlo Secure has access to location - and all other access items are enabled.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@frodo2016 wrote:

You should see the option if you are using the current version of the app, and you are in a country where the security system is sold.

What country are you in?

Is this a newly created account?

If not, was the account created when you were in that country?

frodo2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brilliant. That is spot on. I am in the United States, but I'm using my original Arlo account that I created when I was living in Spain. 

I don't see a way to change the country registration, so I simply created a new account in the US and now see the installation for the Security System and Keypad Sensor Hub.

Thank you!