Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chadh1203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought the Arlo Security system and I am unable to get the door sensors to show online. I go through the setup and the hub makes the sound that it is connected. Furthermore, when it asks you to open and close the door it recognizes that the door is open/shut. Even after adding them to my app, when my door opens I hear the audible “ding.”

I am showing no feeds for my doors AND when I have the hub armed and open the door the alarm won’t even go off. Beyond frustrated. The hub is connected to Wi-Fi via 2.4. 

Going through the initial setup it asked me to upgrade my app - which I did and remember seeing a warning that some products may have an issue with the new app. I am running (3) Arlo Pro 3 cameras, (2) flood lights, and a doorbell camera which requires the separate hub. Not to mention paying $20+ a month for the security and multiple cameras. 

I’ve reached out to technical services and get a response about every 2 days which is just taking too long. Wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed the sensor from your account and onboarded it again?

Chadh1203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, several times. Performed a full hub and sensor reset three times and when through the step by step to no avail. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chadh1203,

How far are the sensors from the hub?

JamesC

Chadh1203
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE - while an expensive fix, I had to upgrade two of my cameras to Pro 4’s thereby eliminating the “old hub.” Once I removed all my cameras and security system from the app, removed the smart hub, I started from scratch and now everything works flawlessly. 
I highly encourage Arlo to communicate (more effectively) that if you have a smart hub that the security system will NOT work as it should. Not that I am unhappy, because I love Arlo, but a better messaging plan needs to be put out to potential Arlo Home Security buyers. Arlo Home Security System 

LouieEmilio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have a quick question. So I have the security system, and I also purchased the Pro 5 Cameras because they supposedly work in tandem with the security system and also extend the coverage for the sensors. “I have a detached garage about 20 feet from the system keypad. 

I also purchased two Ultra 2 cameras for my front lawn and driveway because they are 4k for better video. The Ultra 2 video cameras come with the newer hub. 

My question is: I wonder if this is the reason why I have so much difficulty even installing the sensors. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat issues are you having connecting the sensor(s) to the security hub? What have you tried and what do you see? Any error messages?