Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good day,

I just received my new Arlo security system and I had a couple of questions based on alerts I received when I started installation.

1.) I received notification that there would be an impact to the custom modes I have established. I run 3 separate smart hubs and have 10 cameras / 1 wireless video DB set up--everything runs on schedules and custom modes. I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the impact. Perhaps the cameras mode set up just gets linked to the security system set up--I don't know, just looking for additional clarification on this.

2.) Lights: I also received an alert that there was currently a compatibility issue with the Arlo lights. I'm running 6 of those around my property. Is there an estimate of when this firmware issue would be addressed and when those would be functional again?

I held off on install of the system hoping for additional clarification.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nanookie,

1.) When installing your Arlo Home Security system, you will receive an all-new, enhanced UI experience. This new UI will allow you to create more advanced customizations easier than ever before. Due to these enhancements, your existing custom modes will not transfer over and will need to be recreated within the new experience.

2.) While I do not have an ETA for this compatibility, we do plan to announce when this will be available as soon as we have the information available to share. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nanookie,

1.) When installing your Arlo Home Security system, you will receive an all-new, enhanced UI experience. This new UI will allow you to create more advanced customizations easier than ever before. Due to these enhancements, your existing custom modes will not transfer over and will need to be recreated within the new experience.

2.) While I do not have an ETA for this compatibility, we do plan to announce when this will be available as soon as we have the information available to share. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you, James. I appreciate the explanation.