Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"SIM card not found" on an Arlo Go

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Read my review on Best Buy with the same title above, and you'll see that I have had stunning success with 5 of the original Arlo cameras I installed at our ranch in Texas in a rural area BUT I am having fits with "SIM card not found" on an Arlo Go camera I bought at Best Buy last week, for use at another property having 4 bars of LTE.

Chat was AWOL on the support site, the battery in my iPhone 7 Plus went dead when I called technical support and sat on hold for a very long time. 

I tried removing the SIM card and reinserting it, pulled the battery out and reinstalled in, got in my car and drove too two different cell phone towers to be as close to them as I could, using the Arlo app on my iPhone to repeatedly attempt to get the Arlo Go to work (by "add new device") and all I can say this evening is "ARLO is AWOL." )

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you purchased a version of the Go that would work with your available cell service? A Verizon version won't work on AT&T.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, when I ordered it at Best Buy, last week I advised that I already had service through AT&T.  Opening the battery compartment when it got here, I saw the pre-installed SIM card and assumed I was good to go. The Arlo app on my iPhone shows the Arlo Go as "inactive". Oddly enough, during the attempt to add this to my account, I was able to scan the barcode off my iPhone 7 Plus that was sent to me during the installation process, I heard the "beep" assuming the bar code activated the camera, and still no luck. 

I either have a defective SIM card or a defective Arlo Go. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

N22Tango,

Looking at the sticker on the bottom of your box for your Arlo Go, which model do you have? This will look something like, VML4030-100NAS.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation