Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo go subscription issues again

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is doing it again.

My Arlo Go uses the Arlo subscription plan. It is a mess. 

At this time my credit card has been billed for this month but no time has been credited to my cameras. 

I have been billed 5.38 cents for month to an old email address that has not cameras. When I called about this charge LAST YEAR they removed it from my card but never told me it was an old subscription, credited to an old email account, until last night.  They refuse to remove the charges. Why didn't they tell me it was an old subscription. I used nothing, why charge me?

I have multiple charges in the same month trying to get new minutes added but they did not cancel the old subscription that was added the day before. Sometime I can't see how many minutes I have left on the cameras (they are 75 miles away so it matters that they stay on). 

And here I am today I can not renew a 120 minute plan, I can only upgrade. However, my AMEX already has the charges and the renewal date was yesterday. I don't want more minutes. I want to stay with 120 minutes, yet I can't do that. They bill me but I have no minutes. The Techy last night told me no refunds on the 5.30. 

Since last January I have spent 700.00 for 2 Arlo Go cameras. Something is wrong and again they refuse to see it. The person I was speaking with had to keep putting me on hold to consult with the team. Give me a decision maker please. 

This is the on my subscription page of Arlo...Charged to AMEX but no new minutes added. They will only allow me to upgrade and then they will keep these charges. 

Next Renewal Date
November 10, 2022
Next Payment Total
$45.98/mo + tax
Renewal Term

Monthly

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flutters,

I see you already have cases open for this issue with the support team. I encourage you to continue working with support to resolve this concern. If you need further assistance, please reach out to me in a private message and I will follow up.

JamesC

Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

The support team has dropped the ball on the unexpected charges. After many phone calls I got the subscription renewed even though the charges had been paid days earlier. There are a few issues with what is happening. I had a recurring $5.30 charge from last year. I spoke to Arlo about it last January and they removed all the charges. I called Arlo about it recently as it is ongoing and they told me it was connected to an old email address, with no cameras attached. Since it was still a subscription (that I never used) they would charge me. However, why did they not tell me this when I was in conversation with them last December and January over these charges? I also have 3 days of charges (because of problems with Arlo) which go into the hundreds for minutes I did not use. Yet they offer no help at all. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation