Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
RMario
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the expected battery life 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It has a larger battery than the PRO ( 3300 mahr or so ) but prob draws a bit more current running so I would take an educated guess of about the same as Pro...under spec conditions 2 months... we'll know more when released

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Techlore
Apprentice
Apprentice

To those passing by and searching through Google. There is wired solution with a 20 Ft power adapter made by NETGEAR now available. There is also a solar panel available at Fryes and Best Buy. Which is works for the Arlo Go(and the Arlo Pro, if you have it).

DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

They said 3 to 6 months, but if you have your camera in a high traffic area, it could only last a month.   I wanted to have my cameras outside to monitor my neighborhood, but if you have wireless unit (batteries) it will run down very fast if you get a lot of motion detected.   If you get the wired model, than no problem as you will not have to worry about the battery life.  Than you can put your camera in a high traffic area. 

I now have my cameras only in my home to monitor it when I am away. Since it rarely detects motion, the battery life has laster over 7 month and it is at 80%.  I only set off the motion detection, when testing my system.  

Pyblack
Tutor
Tutor
I have got about 6 weeks of battery in optimised mode
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

87 days......

Mine is set to OPTIMIZED, 80% sensitivity, and ususally records 3-6 2-minute recording a day.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation