Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Volkmann5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo Go cameras that are using Arlo Mobile plans. They are all connected “online” in the sense they are connected to the cellular signal (ATT I am told). I can access all of them and go “live” to see current conditions at our remote lake house. One of the cameras, however, does not seem to be activated by motion any longer. My sense is this started after the firmware update that took place over a month ago.

I was thinking of doing a “restart” from the mobile app but I am not certain what a “Restart” actually does. I don’t want to remove the camera from the account. If I had access to the camera (which I won’t for a few months) I would remove the battery and reinsert to repower or reboot. I really just want to know what a “RESTART” from the app will do, and will this jeopardize my ability to access the “live” feature of the camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart in the app is just a restart, not a reset.  It doesn't involve (or require) a resync.

To reset the cameras, you actually remove them from the account - which is a different control.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart will just reboot the camera.  It won't affect any settings.

It will need to reconnect to the mobile network after the restart, but that should happen automatically.

Volkmann5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, the discussions I have seen don't seem to distinguish clearly between "Reset" and "Restart"... I don't want to reset. Is it fair to say clicking on "reset" in the app is the same as removing and reinstalling the battery to reboot? Or similar to pushing the sync button if you were physically at the camera? As you can probably tell, my biggest concern is having it go offline since I can't physically get to the camera anytime soon.....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart in the app is just a restart, not a reset.  It doesn't involve (or require) a resync.

To reset the cameras, you actually remove them from the account - which is a different control.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation