Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video pixelated and obtuse angle (130degrees) of video

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
rdsprouse
Follower
Follower

Have had Arlo Go for about 6 months. Have had constant issues where videos magically disappear and Support can not recover, but that is a different story for a different time.

Anyways, Within the last 2 weeks started getting phantom alerts with either all white or all black video (could hear sound) or no events when we know that it should have triggered motion. Then upon checking the camera out, noticed videos were very pixelated and also noticed that the angle of the video/pics was obtuse to the angle of the camera.

So after much experience with ARLO, the first thing I did was remove the camera from my account completely then added it back. Guess what, it magically started working again. So mark another one of those magically happened events up to ARLO software.

My experience over the last 6 months, before you do anything - is to first delete camera then add it back (probably a software glitch). 

Simply put, though you pay a monthly fee and top dollar for some of these cameras, its not very reliable and do not put your safety into this software (my amazon cheap camera's are better, though I am sure others are too).

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation