Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go VML4030-100AUS MOTION ISSUES

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Melben
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the Arlo Pro system that works a treat. We have not long bought a property where the driveway needs remote surveillance. Hence buying the Arlo Go (Australian model) to add to our system. The night vision is so poor you cannot see us walk past. If it does capture a car, it only sees the headlights and nothing else. During the day we do a motion test and the yellow light illuminates at a distance (which is great) But when recording it does not record unless right on top of it. Even then, the object has either passed before it activates, or catches the back end.

we have only had the expensive Arlo Go purchase for just less than a month and we are hoping it’s maybe set up wrong, or something simple that someone can help with (and yes, we have troubleshot with our previous Arlo experience, searched the internet etc)

we love our Arlo pro and sing it’s praises to many, who have also gone and bought their own. I’m afraid the Arlo Go so far is very disappointing 

7 REPLIES 7
Melben
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried several times to send Australian support centre email, after you type your lengthy email it comes up with error message. Hope Australian support centre sees this email to fix the glitch

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is Night Vision turned on in the camera settings? Try toggling it off and back on. Do the IR lEDs light up when you activate a recording at night? Are there any nearby lights that could be fooling the camera into thinking night vision isn't needed? What's the distance between the subject and camera (the IR LEDs have limited range)?

Melben
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou for your reply.

No external lights as it placed in a rural setting. 
We walked past at about 3mtrs and car passes at about 4mtrs at widest passing.

Infrared lights don’t appear as bright as Arlo Pro ones. Arlo Pro appears to have better range and motion activation area.

Now failing to pick up a lot of day time movement. Below is a sample shot. The object to the right is a tree. And the glow to the left is a head light.

Starting to think we have wasted $$$

0D8BC7F8-CAA7-4FD9-9153-FAC10E99FB5D.jpeg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image until approved later. Have you contacted support using the link at the bottom here for a warranty claim or additional help?

Melben
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was another post I have recently made. Tried several times to email support and after typing it all out and press send it comes up with an error cannot send. I hoped that support may have seen the post on here and responded or tried to contact me. I will be trying by telephone this week.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Melben wrote:

I hoped that support may have seen the post on here and responded or tried to contact me. 

Support doesn't monitor the forums.  You could try to loop in one of the mods (for instance @JamesC ) to facilitate or escalate a support case.  Note the "@" which will notifify the forum user you are trying to loop in.

Firebug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive just bought 2, and they arrived today. I have the exact same thing happening. Motion sensing poor as, I have to be on top of it for it to initiate. The sound sensor works, as I get 10 emails a minute from it detecting wind. And the vision quality is poor as. I did the zoom in, and couldnt recognise anythng. Have you been able to sort out the issues you had, and if so, can you let meknow what you did? Im in Oz as well.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation