Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

'This device is inactive...' message popped up on my Arlo Go camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 5 Arlo go cameras and have just bought another new one. I've put a Vodafone V sim card in and all went well until I came to look at the new camera on the app. The message said 'This device is inactive. A paid Arlo Smart subscription is required to activate the device.' I've never done this before I've used V Sims. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@moprabbit wrote:
Thank you for your reply Jguerdat. Just got in a bit of a mess! I've created a new email address and then logged in to my original arlo account. Clicked on 'create account' and created a new account, but then I couldn't find my 5 original cameras.

The simplest solution would have been to add your new camera to your existing account and purchase a subscription for it.  

If you want to use two accounts for some reason, you can set up friend access so you can see all cameras from both accounts.  Some functions require you to use the primary login, but for normal monitoring the friend access is fine. https://kb.arlo.com/000039106/How-can-multiple-people-access-the-same-Arlo-account

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free plan is for only 5 cameras - adding a 6th means you either need a subscription or set the new camera up on a new account using a second email address. You can then use Settings, Grant Access so all cameras show up in one login.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your reply Jguerdat. Just got in a bit of a mess! I've created a new email address and then logged in to my original arlo account. Clicked on 'create account' and created a new account, but then I couldn't find my 5 original cameras. Do I have to create a new account using my new email address then go to settings and then to grant access so that I'm using my new email address to login? I would prefer to be able to use my original email address to be able to login to see the cameras if possible. Are you able to help me further? Thank you
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@moprabbit wrote:
Thank you for your reply Jguerdat. Just got in a bit of a mess! I've created a new email address and then logged in to my original arlo account. Clicked on 'create account' and created a new account, but then I couldn't find my 5 original cameras.

The simplest solution would have been to add your new camera to your existing account and purchase a subscription for it.  

If you want to use two accounts for some reason, you can set up friend access so you can see all cameras from both accounts.  Some functions require you to use the primary login, but for normal monitoring the friend access is fine. https://kb.arlo.com/000039106/How-can-multiple-people-access-the-same-Arlo-account

moprabbit
Guide
Guide
Thank you Stephen for your reply. I've been in touch with Arlo and I've now got it sorted. Thank you.
moprabbit
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your help Jguerdat. I've now got the problem sorted out.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation