Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording time went from 2:00 to 50 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mike_A_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo go camera that used to record 2 min of video when it was activated with motion,  about 15 days ago it started to stop recording at 50 seconds. The camera is plugged into a solar panel, this camera hasn't moved in a month. It has a 128 Gig SD card in it which is only half full, i have a Arlo subscription for it, I made sure the recording time on the Mode is set for 120 sec, the mode and settings on the mode have not changed the whole time I've had it.

I have tried deleting it and setting it up again, pulling out the battery and waiting 10 min, plugging it in with the original power cord and leaving it hooked up to the electric for 2 days. I tried switching the batteries.

Now here is the thing, I have two Arlos exactly the same. Both have the exact same SD cards, Solar panels Subscriptions, modes and the setting on the modes match. The second camera records for 2 min.

The only difference between the cameras is the Arlo that is recording only 50 sec of video is 2.5 years old( battery was replaced 3 month ago with a new arlo battery) , and the other camera that records for 2 min is 3 months old.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try creating a new custom mode with the proper settings to see if that makes a difference. Are you using a schedule? If so, try removing the schedule and rebuild it.

Mike_A_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you,

I have tried using the Armed mode and just changing the time, that didn't work. I also deleted the custom mode I had the camera set too, and created another Custom mode that didn't work either.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping cameras around to see if it's somehow the location. Otherwise use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have any suggestions.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation