Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only very small part of the image can be seen

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Teetj
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden, the camera started showing only small portion of upper left corner of the image. 

As nothing else is seen, the image appears to be like crazy zoom in, but actually it is small portion of the sensor expanded to full screen.

I suspect that this happened after March 4 upgrade (version 2.13_27035). 

Camera worked fluently for several weeks. On March 4 camera captured movement perfectly, but the movement captured on March 6 was already completely broken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the fastest thing to get it working is to remove and resync the camera.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat happens if you use a computer browser as well as viewing the video after downloading it? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Teetj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rebooted the phone, no change.

I doubt it is related to phone, because I am using two phones (one is iPhone, other Pixel 2), the symptom is the same.

I have not reinstalled the app.

The most odd is that if I go to Video settings to change the Brightness, the image is OK.

But as soon as I use the device as normal, the video is broken.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the cameras?

Teetj
Aspirant
Aspirant

If removing the battery and re-inserting qualifies as reboot, then ye, I have rebooted.

I am attaching the newer screen capture that combines what the camera shows via app and in the Video settings panel.

you can see that camera's sensor technically seems to work - otherwise the Video settings would be also broken, but it is not.

The "normal" image of the camera constitutes only tiny portion of the upper left corner of the sensor.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the fastest thing to get it working is to remove and resync the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation