Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification speed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
falco710
Follower
Follower
How fast is the notification, of a motion detection, to my mobile phone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It depends on various things - which notification (push which is immediate or email which is after the video is uploaded), whether you subscribe to Smart (which requires server post-processing to determine whether to even send a notification), whether the app is optimized for battery savings, etc. Normally, push notifications are nearly instantaneous.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It depends on various things - which notification (push which is immediate or email which is after the video is uploaded), whether you subscribe to Smart (which requires server post-processing to determine whether to even send a notification), whether the app is optimized for battery savings, etc. Normally, push notifications are nearly instantaneous.

Russ01
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is not immediately.
I have the ultra. It could be 10 seconds or sometimes even more for push notifications.
If my phone is on lock screen , most of the time I don't get them at all until I unlock my phone. Them I get then all at once.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, as questioned to the OP, are you using Smart? I find that Smart does this while removing the camera from Smart has made mine come rather quickly.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation