Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go offline in app but still records and sends notifications

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ramini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

my new Arlo Go (VML4030-100PES) is constantly seen as Offline or in "Getting status" mode in the app as well as web. However, it stills records when it detects motion and uploads the clips. It also notifies the app.

Battery is fully charged.

I have removed and added back the unit several times.

I'm hesitating to install it in my second property as I don't want to be forced to go there frequently to check the status of it or to see if it's stolen or out of battery or similar.

I was expecting the always be able to see the real time status of the unit. 

Any ideas on this?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in. Try both the app and a web browser.

ramini
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried it. Problem persists. My Arlo Pro 2s shows up properly all the time though.

Then suddenly it comes online and disappears after a random time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cell service disruption?

ramini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope! I have tried with different carriers too. 

When motion is detected the video is uploaded and notification received in the Android App. But the camera still appears as offline in the app as well as in the my arlo web.

Faulty device?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ramini,

When your camera is showing offline on the Arlo app and the web client, do you see any LED behavior changes? You can read more here on why your Arlo Go is offline: My Arlo Go camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

ramini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP ,

Yes, so at restart, it first blinks slowly blue, then steady blue followed by a chime, then blinking blue and purple, then rapid blue.

Once this sequence is done, the camera is available in the app. So far so good I believe. 

But only for a while, checking it some 10-15 mins later, it's offline again, however still sending notifications upon motion detection (and uploads the videos to the cloud). 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me gather more information from you through private message so I can have our support team help you out.

Gsellsteven
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue.  I have uninstalled and re installed the app, logged out and back in, tried both web and app interface.  Each time the cameras show back up and then 30 minutes later they are offline but still detecting motion and recording.  I should t have to log out and back in or in install and re install the app to view my cameras consistently.  This has become a more consistent problem in the past two weeks out of the 6 months I’ve owned the device.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Gsellsteven,

Have you tried checking with your cell service to make sure that you are not getting any disconnection?

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation