Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Missing video segments on cloud recording. Did not include raccoon dragging dish.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to be missing segments often looking at the cloud recordings. My Arlo go and to Arlo pro two campers are managed by an Arlo pro two hub. I bought the system less than a year ago.

i’m wondering if there’s a very large delay once a video ends before motion triggers the next video. I set my video clips to 30 seconds because I have a lot of activity. I’m trying to catch a raccoon in the barn. I went out to the barn and the raccoon had gotten into a dish and apparently dragged it toward my door about 8 feet. When I looked at my cameras I saw the raccoon in the area where the dish had been, but it did not include any of the clip with it dragging the dish. So Arlo totally missed how that dish got from point a to point B. How does this happen? I have frequent gaps like this. Sometimes I’m working in the yard and it only catches the first 30 seconds of several minutes of activity and it never picks up another circuit 30 second segment even though I hear the chime go off on my cell phone as I walk past the cameras. All suggestions welcome. The weird thing is I may have two clips of the raccoons that are 12 minutes apart but no clips in between and clearly he has moved between those points at least once in between. The same will be true when I’m catching myself in the yard, it should be catching more segments between several minutes of activity.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi zubiedoo,

Just to be sure, is this happening on both the Arlo Go and Arlo Pro camera? Have you tried to power cycle your cameras by removing the batteries off and re-inserting them back in?

zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s all three cameras actually, and no I have not removed the battery to restart them. Are you saying that a fully charged battery still cannot correctly take video?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If it's happening on both cameras, have you checked the signal strength on your cameras? A weak signal strength could cause missing video recordings. You can read more about it here: How do I interpret my Arlo camera's signal strength?

zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for that suggestion. Two of these are wireless to the hub, the third one is the Arlo go so it gets the same service as my cell phone. Both of the wireless cameras that are not our Go cams are near the base - no more than 25 feet away, and just outside of a window where the signal is very strong.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What is your signal strength showing for the cameras on the Arlo app?

zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have full bars of signal strength on my Arlo Go. The other two cameras that are also having the same problems are wireless but not Arlo Go, just standard wireless wifi. They are coming off my fiber-connected home Internet service. They do not show a signal strength, they only show a wireless symbol. Those two are only 20 feet from the base and both of them are near windows. The Internet coverage to those cameras is very strong as I use my laptop and other devices in that same region and beyond with no problems.
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
How long after motion is triggered and recording completes, our cameras able to re-trigger? Is there a downtime between trigger sessions?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

There shouldn't be a downtown in between trigger sessions. But since you have full signal strength on your cameras, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation