Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

LOST MY AT&T SIM CARD. Unable to get a new one through local AT&T store.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

I lost a SIM card (AT&T version) while trying to install a mini-SD card in one of my four Arlo Go cameras.

How do I get a new SIM card through Arlo? I went to our local AT&T store and they advised if I got a SIM card from them, I would be billed for service through AT&T - BUT - I have a plan I am already paying for through Arlo for five cameras I now have.  

(How It Happened... Standing on a very tall ladder outside where my Arlo Go is attached to a tree & powered by a solar panel. The SIM card fell into tall grass-weeds while a strong wind was blowing. It is "Gone With The Wind 😟... )

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi N22Tango,

I would suggest for you to contact the Support Team so they can help provide you a replacement SIM card. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

I have had no luck getting anyone at the SUPPORT TEAM to help me get a new SIM card for my Arlo Go. Phone calls are impossible, online help didn't work (human beings are not working on "online support" only BOTS that have no idea what a SIM card is, nor do BOTS understand that I need a replacement SIM card for my Arlo Go.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you continue through the chatbot and select the no solution at the end you can get a chat with a support person.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks... I tried several times and still no luck and no "human being." 

Frustrating that I have an Arlo Go that I can't use because I can't get a new SIM card through Arlo. AT&T will give me a new one, but I have to pay them  $20 per month to have the Arlo Go connect through their system somehow and I still am billed for the plan through Arlo that supports my 4 original Arlo Go cameras.

Thus, back to square one and/or I simply look for a new wireless camera system and abandon Arlo altogether.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the phone option?

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. A recorded message (words to the effect) “staff reductions due to the global pandemic have resulted in inability to answer your call or being placed on hold until you know what freezes over.”
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor
UPDATE:
Despite having purchased this particular Arlo Go camera from Arlo, an email from their support team states they don’t provide SIM cards and to get one from an AT&T store, which means an additional $20 per month fee PLUS the fee I pay direct to Arlo for having 4 cameras in my Arlo plan. This adds an additional $240 per year to the existing fee I’ve always paid for the Arlo Go (x4) I’ve been using for 3 years.

Long story made short, don’t loose you original SIM card(s) supplied with the purchase through Arlo, because you get shafted with more fees, complexity and less “bang for your buck.”
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi N22Tango,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation