Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is It Possible That Arlo Doesn't Know About The Compatibility Issue They're Experiencing?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
drbuilder
Guide
Guide

For the past couple months I've been having a problem viewing videos in my library.  I also can't download and view them on Windows Media Player.  It's pretty clear that they made a change, most likely in the format of the video.  There are so many messages on this board complaining about it, that I find it hard to believe that the company doesn't know what's going on.  I tried to communicate the issue over live chat, but whoever I talked to seemed to have no idea that this is happening, and thought it was an issue with my computer.  I log into Arlo on my PC at home and work.  Both have worked flawlessly until recently, and both are having the same issues now.  Clearly something changed on Arlo's end.  Can someone please ask them to do a system restore back to earlier this past summer, so we can go back to the great system we all enjoyed?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We've been recommending using the free VLC viewer for a long time to overcome any viewing issues on any platform.

FWIW, I just downloaded a video and played it on Media Player in W10 with all updates applied.

drbuilder
Guide
Guide

I checked my Windows Media Player, and I'm running the most current update.  Still won't work.  Worse than that is I can't even view most videos in my library.  Something clearly changed because so many people are complaining about similar issues.  They just need to undo whatever change was made and get this over with.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm running W10 x64 with no such problems. IE and Edge still have the problem that MS introduced a while ago with an update that broke the library video viewing but Chrome and Firefox work fine. Downloaded videos also work fine.

Have you rebooted the computer lately?

brh
Master
Master

@drbuilder

What browser are you using? I think that Microsoft made some changes in Edge and IE that caused this or similar problems. Try Chrome or Firefox. Mine are working perfectly on Windows 10 x64 using the two mentioned browsers.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation