Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Qwerty212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

I can not add to my account a VML4030 that should work only with a Vodafone SIM.

The camera is brand new (never used, not registered to any account). It came with a V-SIM from Vodafone and I trying to use it with a Vodafone SIM.

I have tried to read the qr for factory reset the Go , edit the APN (ciot.vodafone.com), tried with the iOS app, directly from Arlo's website...

The behavior of the camera is: scan the QR code, blinking blue and amber for 30-60 seconds, then fast orange blinking.

I have 4 Go2 and another 2 Go (one of them was a Vodafone like this one and it worked out of the box with another carrier SIM).

Greets from Barcelona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Qwerty212
Aspirant
Aspirant

The customer support contacted back, but the proposed solutions were to remove the battery and try another SIM card. Then the "it may be a faulty cam".

Maybe in the server side Arlo is blocking the access to its cloud for these cameras that do not require a subscription, I think that someday we will know for sure.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Qwerty212 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Qwerty212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cheers

Qwerty212
Aspirant
Aspirant

The customer support contacted back, but the proposed solutions were to remove the battery and try another SIM card. Then the "it may be a faulty cam".

Maybe in the server side Arlo is blocking the access to its cloud for these cameras that do not require a subscription, I think that someday we will know for sure.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Qwerty212 wrote:

Maybe in the server side Arlo is blocking the access to its cloud for these cameras that do not require a subscription

No, they've said several times that they aren't doing that. Plus the Go camera is not on the EoL list.

Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneSI am having a similiar issue, and have messaged you.

Qwerty212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Either they are blocking the cameras that doesn’t require a suscription or there’s another Out Of the Box faulty camera.

None of both options give a good image of Arlo as service or as a product maker.

”Arlo said” is not something that can be trusted.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Qwerty212 wrote:

Either they are blocking the cameras that doesn’t require a subscription or there’s another Out Of the Box faulty camera.

They aren't blocking anything.

You could try a reset of the camera.  Instructions (including a QR code that you need) are here:

You could also ask the mods to create a support ticket on your behalf ( @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC ).

@Qwerty212 wrote:

”Arlo said” is not something that can be trusted.

If that's really the way you feel, then you should switch to a different manufacturer.  

It's one thing to be disappointed in the service.  But you do need to trust the vendor to maintain your privacy, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation