Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I'm in different state, can I see what's going on? Will Verizon network pick it up?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nanc1234
Follower
Follower

If I’m in different state on iPhone and my camera is in New York with no WiFi can I from my different state see what’s goin on on camera ?  Will Verizon network pick it up?  Thx. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nanc1234 wrote:

If I’m in different state on iPhone and my camera is in New York with no WiFi can I from my different state see what’s goin on on camera ?  Will Verizon network pick it up?  Thx. 

What camera are you thinking about?

All the cameras (except the Arlo Go) connect to the internet via your home internet connection (New York in your example).  Some connect through an Arlo Base station, the others connect via your home wifi.

The app will let you connect to those cameras from anywhere (as will the admin web interface).  That will work whether your phone is wifi-connected or via Verizon.  You'll get the most functionality and the best user experience if you have a paid subscription for the camera.

The Arlo Go uses mobile data (and requires it's own cellular data plan from AT&T).  But you can use the app on your iphone to see what's going on, even though you are using Verizon.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation