Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I need to charge Arlo Go via 12v. How?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RandyBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using my Arlo Go as a Game/Trail camera and I need a way to charge it via a 12v charger, rather than the supplied 110 house charger that comes with it. Right now I'm using a power inverter and a deep cycle battery to keep it running outdoors. The problem is, I get a lot of activity in front of the camera, therefore it only lasts about 10-12 days. The inverter has a fan in it, which also uses up some of my power. I'm wanting to setup a custom solar power system, but I need to know if there is a 12v charger I can use to connect directly to my battery. Can someone tell me if these two items will allow me to accomplish what I need to do. If not, can you provide me with the correct items I need?

Charger:

Quick Charge USB 3.0 Car Charger 

Cable:

10ft Arlo Quick Charge 3.0 USB Cable 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As you prob know, the charger needs to be Qualcom type dual voltage...

but out in the past testing , some of these chargers worked but not all....only way to know is to test it. At least there's a good return policy.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RandyBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

The charger in the link is a "Quick Charge" charger (aka, Qualcom Quick Charge), so it "should" work, right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on the description, yes, it should work fine.

Beerone1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did it work, 

I tried something similar no success

RandyBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it worked for us. We used a deep cycle battery, a pig tale and an inverter to plug the arlo charger into. It ended up giving us an extra 6-8 days depending on activity in front of the camera. We use it as a wildlife camera and there is usually a LOT of activity in front of it. I would image you could squeeze another couple of days out of it under normal use.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation