Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have 8 Arlo Go Cameras - One Constantly Is Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1AllSeeingEye
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras at the same 5 acre location everyother day one will go offline and it will be offline for an entire day sometimes two to three days then for no reason come back on.

Here is the rub just before a camera will go offline for example camera one is working fine but then I will get an email stating Camera One has been reconected and was offline for 760 seconds I then immediatly check it and see that it has been taken offline.

It seems Arlo states a camera has been reconected but takes the camera offline instead.....Call me kRaZy but I would bet if Arlo stopped sending those emails cameras would stay online.

I have no idea other than that why my cameras keep going offline its not a weak signal otherwise the others would all drop off line as well. Help!   

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

1AllSeeingEye,

Have you tried to reboot the camera from the App & monitor again?

1AllSeeingEye
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything you cannot reboot remotely you can only remove a device completely remotely.

I have tried new chips removing batteries reloading re-adding the camera.

Nothing works the camera will come back on I will drive 100 miles back home next day offline again then 4-5 days later for no reason comes back on then goes back off half hour later for another 3-4 days and so on..

Remember I have 8 cameras back to back on different areas of my property all connected to power so it’s not signal etc  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried swapping cameras around to verify that it's not position-related?

1AllSeeingEye
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera are back to back
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if that could caause a problem. I don't know that anyone has used that setup. It might still be worthwhile swapping cameras around or at least separating the two by a few feet for testing.

1AllSeeingEye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only one out of the two constantly goes off on that spot

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation