Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long life time a battery to Arlo Go is? Shows "change of battery"?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cecilie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wonder how long life time a battery to Arlo go 4g is ?
I live up in the north, where there is winter about 3 months. Only occasionally over minus 15celcius. I have had one of theme out for a year now and it is connected to electricity al the time. But now it came up, "change of battery" So I guess it is that the battery starts to end. I 30km up to where the camera is. So would like to hear what experience you have with the liftime for the battery. Also they are often without range of 4g, but I now it is good enough cover for 4g there. I also get that at my camera at home. But still it films movments and send it to my app ? But irritating now always can see what goes on.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Cecillie,

Arlo Go camera batteries last approximately two to three months with average use, depending on mobile signal strength. This also includes where you are running it on Optimized or Best Battery Life video settings and your cameras record for approximately five minutes per day. Here are a few things  that can reduce battery life:

• Increasing length/quantity of video recordings n your camera's modes and rules
  • Temperatures below 32°F (0°C)
  • Low-light environments that require infrared sensors to work harder
  • Low LTE signal strength

Your camera may show that battery message because it may be too cold where your camera is. You can read more about it here: How do I keep my Arlo batteries charged in cold weather?

Cecilie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ment, how long does the battery last, before it must be changed with a new battery.
Not charged. It does not at al last for that long you mention. Longest is about 4 weeks. It does not film a lot. Maybe 3-4 times in a month.
But now it must be charged once a week and its only about a years old.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery life depends on lots of things, including temperature and signal strength/quality. Is this new behavior or has it always been more or less the same? Cold temps will reduce battery life for sure and the ability of the camera to maintain connection to the cell tower can drain the battery, too. You mention few recordings but what about live viewing?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation