Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ml71
Tutor
Tutor

How do I turn on notifications during a certain period of time each day? For example, I only want to receive push notifications at night from 6:30pm - 6:30am, when most of the "bad stuff" happens. Seems like such a simple feature, but I can't figure it out. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on creating custom modes. Each mode has a rule for each camera you want to be active and you can set notifications as desired. Then use the schedule to automate the switching.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on creating custom modes. Each mode has a rule for each camera you want to be active and you can set notifications as desired. Then use the schedule to automate the switching.

ml71
Tutor
Tutor

Can you send me a link to the FAQ or tell me where to find it? Thanks. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just click on the Support link at the top here. You can use the search box and then narrow the results using the filters on the left or select the product and check the various FAQs. Sometimes an FAQ may not show for one product for some reason but something like this is for all products so just choose another.

ml71
Tutor
Tutor

I still can't figure how how to create a mode where the camera is armed 24/7, but notifications are sent to me ONLY between the hours of 6:30pm and 6:30am. I can't find any option to edit notification settings.  I can only toggle between push or email notifications. What am I missing?  Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're close. Yes, you can only turn notifications on or off in a rule but you can have multiple custom modes with rules for a particular timeframe.  Create one that has notification turned on and call it Notifications On. Create another custom mode with rules that have notifications turned off. Call this one Notifications Off. Now, edit the Schedule and set it up with Notifications On for the appropriate days and time, say 8AM to 5PM. Set the schedule with Notifications Off from 12AM to 8AM and again from 5PM to 11:59PM. This will automate the switching between the modes.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation