Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Guest access not working?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bvhorses
Follower
Follower

Do I need a subscription to grant guest access? I have invited 5 friends who have accepted the invite, but they are just prompted to create an account and buy a subscription. They should just be able to watch the live feed, but there is nothing offered related to my account. What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

No subscription is required for granted user access.

The granted user needs to have the same UI app version as the main account, either feed or library since they are not compatible.

The granted user needs to accept the email invite with a pc, not a mobile platform.

ballardws
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have accepted my friends invite on my PC, then when i go to the app, i am not able to see the device.  Both of us are running he same app and they are up to date with same version.  Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ballardws wrote:

I have accepted my friends invite on my PC, then when i go to the app, i am not able to see the device.  Both of us are running he same app and they are up to date with same version.  

Does your friend's account also show that their invite was accepted?

ballardws
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ballardws wrote:

yes

Ok. 

Check if you see "Feed" as an option in the main app screen.  (Alternatively, you might see "Library" instead).

The check the main account - it needs to show the same option.  Most likely, the main account is showing "Libary" while yours is showing "Feed".

Note the app version doesn't actually matter - the current app supports both UIs (very confusing, I know).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation